System Design & Development
We develop complete systems combining mechanical, hardware and software elements such as:
- Embedded and PC computer systems;
- Voice over IP applications.;
- Airborne systems;
- Traffic controllers;
- Support for various communication wireless technologies (e.g. RF/WiFi);
- Fiber optics and wireline communications modules (Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps, ATM, xDSL);
- Synchronous/Asynchronous (HDLC, Ex/Tx, CDMA etc.);
- TCP/IP protocol based control applications;
- USB-2 - USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 compatible systems;
- Various signal processors;
- Windows XP monitoring and simulation applications utilizing friendly GUIs.
The solution system can comprise multiple modular plug-in cards that comply with common standards, for example:
PCI, Compact PCI and VME to enable maximum modularity.
The system level design defines which of the tasks will be assigned for hardware implementation, and which for software implementation, followed by:
- Design of Hardware with mechanical aspect considerations
- Design of Software and the Software to Hardware integration interfaces
We can optionally provide mechanical design and development that meet commercial and military product requirements including: optimal spacing, compliance with strength requirements, operational solutions for high g conditions such as those present in military and airborne systems. Compliance with material requirements, with QC requirements and with optimal cost effectivity.
Software design and development
Based on the applicable requirements, the software is designed, QC tested and only then developed together with in-line source documentation for easy maintenance and high upgradability. The software is delivered with a Board Support Package (BSP) which includes: BSP APIs for application development, BSP APIs sources (optional), BSP APIs documentation, BSP software downloading application and BSP test applications.
The BSP test applications include communication simulators and loggers for enhanced debugging capabilities. Moreover, using the Windows XP platform, Albatronics develops such capabilities as GUI applications e.g. for monitoring network equipment with user friendly interface.
The supported software languages currently include: ANSI C, MS-Visual C++, C-Sharp, Visual Basic and Studio-C.
The following are Operating Systems that have already been used by us for development:
- Embedded Linux
- Proprietary RTOS
Hardware design and development
We are using the following hardware development environments:
- Motorola and Texas Instruments DSP and RISC based systems;
- Motorola and Intel computers such as the Power QUICC;
- Power QUICC II, Power QUICC III and Pentium based systems;
- Additional environments can be supported to meet project requirements.
The hardware development consists of the following stages:
- PCB Layout design using Mentor Graphics, Orcad or any other designing environment as required by the customer;
- Design of the Digital and Analog Hardware;
- Digital design based on FPGA chips;
- FPGA chip design using high-level language tools (e.g. VHDL);
- ASIC chip design and implementation;
- Layout creation process;
- ICDs (Interface Control Documents) production;
- VCD (Vendor Control Document) production